Teen Summer Program
Applications for the 2017 Teen Summer Program are now closed. Once we get the information about the TSP 2018, they will be published in this section. Stay tuned!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the TSP about?
The Teen Summer Program is designed to give participants a unique opportunity to learn about the work performed by the World Bank Group (WBG), the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), through interaction with experts and staff members from each of the three organizations. For more information about previous years’ program content and experience of the participants, please click here. Please note that the program contents may vary from year to year.
2. What are the basic eligibility criteria to be able to participate in the program?
In order to apply/participate in the program, applicants must:
- Be between 16 years by June 1, 2017 and no older than 18 by July 14, 2017
- Be the son or daughter of a WBG, IMF or IDB employee and one of the parents must be registered in the corresponding Family Association
- Cannot be a college student
- Be fluent in English
- Be able to commit to attend the entire program from June 27 to July 14, 2017
3. How do I apply for the 2017 Teen Summer Program?
Applications will be open starting at noon EST February 15, 2017 to noon EST February 28, 2017. Please visit www.wbfn.org and submit your application through the application link. All applicants will be notified by email if they are invited to the next step of the selection process by mid-March 2017.
4. My family does not live in the Washington Metro area. Can I participate in the program?
Yes, you can participate in the program as long as you fulfill the requirements outlined above. However, your parents will need to provide for all your expenses in addition to the program fee. This will include travel to Washington DC along with boarding and lodging, transport and any other miscellaneous expenses that you may have while attending the program.
5. My father/mother is a WBG, IMF or IDB Staff Member, but he/she is not currently registered in the corresponding Family Association. Can I still apply/participate?
Yes, you can still apply. However, your parent must register before the application period ends at noon EST February 28th, 2017. They need to contact the corresponding Family Association for registration details since each one has different procedures. The process must be completed by noon EST February 28th, 2017. The three websites are as follows:
6. How many applicants will be selected for the 2017 Teen Summer Program?
The program can accommodate a maximum of 40 participants, of which 20 will be from WBG, 10 from IMF and 10 from IDB. The Teen Summer Program Committee will evaluate applications and shortlist candidates for an interview. Because of limited places, candidates will be selected and admitted to the program based on a rigorous review process. Therefore, meeting only basic eligibility criteria does not guarantee either selection for an interview and/or admission to the program. All candidates who are finally accepted will be notified by the end of April 2017.
7. Can I participate in 2017 TSP if I’ve already participated in the program earlier?
No, if you already participated in any previous TSP, you cannot participate again. However, if you participated in previous TSP’s, you are welcome to volunteer as a chaperone for the TSP 2017. If you are interested, please contact: email@example.com
8. Can I reapply this year for TSP 2017 even though I was unsuccessful in previous years?
Yes, you are welcome to reapply this year even if you were not successful earlier. However, you must still fulfill all the basic eligibility criteria as stated under FAQ #2. Please check your age/date of birth with the eligibility criteria very carefully to be sure you still qualify.
9. When will the program take place and what is the time schedule?
The TSP 2017 will be held all weekdays from Tuesday June 27, 2017 through Friday July 14, 2017, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm EST, except for Monday July 3rd. and Tuesday July 4th.
10. Is attendance mandatory during the three weeks of the program?
Yes, attendance is mandatory for all days during the three weeks of the program, from June 27th to July 14th 2017. Participants absent for more than one day will not be allowed to continue in the program
11. Will I receive a certificate from the program?
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance to the TSP 2017, only if you attend all the days of the program.
12. Are there any registration fees and when is the payment due?
There is a non-refundable fee of US $200 per participant. It becomes due on May 5th after you have been notified of acceptance into the program.
13. What is the refund policy if I cannot attend the program but my fee has already been paid?
There is no refund once the payment is received.
14. What expenses will I have during the program?
In addition to the registration fee of US $200, you will need to provide for most of your meals and all of your transport costs to the WBG, IMF and IDB headquarters in DC each day. Breakfast or lunch be will be provided only on certain scheduled days and participants will be notified of these days at the start of the program.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column][/vc_row]